LOCAL LIFE AROUND VILLA OUSTAL
Carpentras is a commune in the south of France in the Vaucluse which stretches between Avignon and Mont Ventoux.
Capital of Comtat Venaissin , its historic center, composed of several buildings classified or listed as historic monuments.
Agricultural showcase of the department, the fame of its wine, its truffles , in particular, has largely exceeded the French borders.
Ventoux is a controlled designation of origin wine from the Rhône valley vineyard. Its vineyard is arranged in an arc around Mont Ventoux nicknamed the Giant of Provence .
The culture and sale of truffles in Carpentras has been attested since 1781. A truffle market has flourished there since that date. Many events around the truffle are organized.
Art is present in Carpentras in all its forms: Musical, Cinematographic, Pictorial by numerous Festivals:
- Trans'Art :summer festival with more than 150 shows with family, friends, young and old
- Kolorz Electro-pop music festival
- The nights of the blues : concerts
- Hola Fiesta Bodégas : Latin atmosphere festival. Latin music and dances have an important place in the festival with the wanderings of batucadas, bandas and brass bands and the Sevillian and flamenco shows.
- The Belgian court : Belgian humorists
- Music to the stars : Classical music concert
- Les guinguettes de l'Auzon : Open air concert on the banks of the Auzon. Country atmosphere
- Jewish Music Festival : International event
- Unusual Christmases : Street festival, shows in Christmas Magic.
- Israeli cinema festival : fall moviegoers' meeting. Films, documentaries but also dance, theater, works rich in emotion.
- Full the mirettes: children's shows.
- Ventoux Saveurs Festival : Gastronomic discovery in the villages of local products.
Walks around Carpentras :
Located in the heart of Provence, close to Mont Ventoux, this city offers an ideal setting.
With its 300 days of sunshine a year , Carpentras and its surroundings are perfect for walks and discovery.
- The Banks of Auzon
- Via Venaissia
- The Carpentras Canal
- The Monuments of Carpentras
- The Dentelles de Montmirail
- Mont Ventoux
- The gorges of the Nesque
- The Monts de Vaucluse
- Lavender in the Land of Sault
- The 11 Perched villages
97, place du 25 Août 1944. Telephone: 04.90.63.00.78